The Vineyards Residence (the “Residence”) is a 134 suite Assisted Living and Memory Care residence located in Kelowna, British Columbia.
Features of the Residence include:
- Home-like atmosphere as opposed to hospital-like Long-Term Care (“LTC”) nursing homes
- Strong and central location, situated near major amenities
- Assisted Living services include house, hospitability services and some personal assistance services, such as regular assistance with activities of daily living, medication and psychosocial support.
- Memory Care is a distinct form of long term care, skilled nursing and care services that specifically cater to residents with Alzheimer’s disease, dementia and other forms of memory impairment.
- Feasibility report from CBRE indicates strong demand for a Memory Care facility in the region
- Stand-alone Assisted Living and Memory Care building
- Gross floor area of 108,121 ft.
- 5 floors
- 134 suites
- Non-combustible structure built using combination of steel and concrete
Strength and Opportunities
- CBRE market feasibility studies indicate the long-term memory care and assisted living care market for seniors is heavily underserved in the Kelowna area resulting in demand for services.
- Significant depth of management experience from Sussex Retirement Living
- Construction and design method of the developer significantly lower utility operating expenses