Why Memory Care?
DementiaDementia is a terminal brain disorder that gradually impairs one’s ability to think, remember and reason. Dementia requires specialized care as the disease brings about changes in personality, mood and behavior.
Facts about dementia
- Alzheimer’s disease is the most common form of dementia.
- 1 in 3 seniors die with Alzheimer’s disease or another form of dementia.
- Alzheimer’s disease is the 6th leading cause of death in North America.
- Alzheimer’s disease is prevalent in 10% of seniors aged 75 to 84 years old and a staggering 50% of those older than 85.
- Nearly 6 million people are living with Alzheimer’s disease in North America.