Strong Market Demand
- Sussex will only invest in projects that are supported by favorable market feasibility studies and appraisals performed by independent parties.
- Markets have strong seniors population growth, high income levels and insufficient product.
Robust Development Pipeline and Model
- Sussex has a pipeline of shovel-ready projects and plans to build 15 properties in the next 5 years.
- Sussex has strong relationships with experienced seniors housing developers with track records of delivering high-end product on-time and on-budget.
- The Sussex executive team has a breadth of real estate experience with an expertise in the seniors housing and long-standing industry relationships.
Excellent Investment Metrics
- Only after all preferred shareholders are paid out do the common shareholders realize profit.
- Facilities enjoy a quick lease-up period of less than 2 years and reach financial break-even within 1 year.
- Canada’s seniors housing market remains fragmented and continues to exhibit strong growth in transaction activity volume.
- The public companies are eager to acquire new, state-of-the-art product once stabilized.